Friday, October 1, 2010

Time to dive back in to writing

I have not updated this blog for a while. Why? Because I can’t seem to relax enough to let the writing flow. So, I decided, maybe the flow is found within the process of the writing itself…

Aftershocks continue. Most of them are in the 3s (magnitude) and we barely feel them. Those in the 4s give us a bit of a jolt, and a bit of a reminder that the aftershocks may go on for months. The reminders serve to keep us slightly on edge.

Whilst our house is fine, we do have cracks along the cement between the concrete blocks. These move every time there is a decent sized aftershock. We decided yesterday that they are our very own tectonic plates! The thing is…these areas (3 of them plus a crack part way down each side of the chimney) are weaker areas, and if we get an aftershock in the 5s or higher…well, I am not sure what might happen. This is the worry that lays at the back of the mind. And it has been getting in the way when I try to write!

...

I was thinking about the way we live our lives, the focus we apply to our days. How often do we think too much about what we don’t have, and not enough (if at all) about what we do have?

I don’t dispute that we need money…just as I hope you will not dispute that we need to be happy in life. If I had to live in miserable worry about lack of money, every day of my life…I would rather not live at all. I do not believe that we are here, on Earth, for material gain. I believe we are here for spiritual gain. Yes, there is a necessity for money, and I respect that, but it is not the purpose of our life, it is a means.

If we don’t celebrate life … what’s the point?
If we don’t cherish the people in our life … what’s the point?
If we don’t laugh every day … what’s the point?

It’s time to examine the way we live in every hour of every day … and it’s time we made better choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment